Monday 3 December 2012

The December season

It's the 3rd day of the last month of the year already!
This year has gone really fast - but I guess people say that about every year... (-_-)
Hope you're all getting your prezzies and/or ready and organized, coz we all know how hard last minute Xmas shopping is; The Stress!!

Speaking of stress, Rosyglasses would like to apologize for not posting a lot; she's got a lot of homework! She promises to post more over the holidays (I'm sure she'll have more to say then, anyway) :P

Back to the topic of Xmas prezzies.
Alot of you probably have a heap of presents to give; family, friends, secret Santa, that old lady across the road who's always smiling at you... etc.
Well I know it sounds cliche, but if you're having trouble finding the perfect gift, or you just can't organize yourself, I've got some tips for you! {^.^}

1. Know the person you're getting the gift for.

Whether it's for your BFF or that lady across the street, a gift that will have no meaning to them is a waste. Get them something that they will value and actually use. If you don't know what they like or want, simply get to know them. If that doesn't work, skip to Plan B. My Plan B is attempting to ask what they want during a casual conversation. For example, today I tried to ask the person I'm a secret Santa for what they would like:

Me: I hope my secret Santa knows me and gets a good present.
Friend: Same....
Me: What would your ideal present be?
Friend: Definitely something to do with Russian dolls. I love them!
Me: Cool! I love iPods, hehe. (Hey, there's a possibility I could get one!)

2. It's the thought that counts.

Now that you've found out what they like or want, it's time to get their present. If it so happens that your giftee (I'm gonna start calling them that) is like me, and said they want something expensive like an iPod, don't fret! Put a creative twist on their wish!
My wise young homeroom teacher said to us, "You don't have to go out and buy a gift, just make or bake something." (She's awesomely old-school like that).
If they want an iPod, make them an ipod! Last year someone made me a plush iPod nano out of felt and other materials, and I'd say the time and effort she put in just to make it is a gift in itself.
So what I'm trying to say is, it's the thougth that counts - hence the name of this tip.

3. Prioritize, prioritise, prioritize!

You probably want to get gifts for every single person who's important to you, but remember you don't want to spend all your money and/or spare time buying and/or making Xmas prezzies. Make a list of all your giftees, and mark the top 10 people you're definitely getting a gift for (as oppose to just a card). Hopefully your top ten includes your immediate family, BFFs, secret Santa giftee... and not the lady across the street (unless you're desperate!).

Well, those would be my 3 main tips on this topic, and I also don't want this post to drag on with boring tips so... Merry December for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment