Friday 21 December 2012

The Hobbit

Last week I went to see The Hobbit. 



Before that fateful Tuesday I wasn't much of a Lord of the Rings fan, let alone a Hobbit one. But the movie seriously changed me.

It was intense, epic, gripping, thrilling, the SFX, costuming and makeup was phenomenal, and I'm EXTREMELY jealous of those peeps who got to see it in 3D. Talking to you, Rosy *cough cough*
If you're like me before, and you're not a huge LOTR or Hobbit fan, here's the basic plot of the Hobbit (or rather how I interpreted it).

Bilbo Baggins is a middle-aged, good natured hobbit who would never go looking for an adventure or anything dangerous. But on one fine morning a great wizard known as Gandalf the Grey greets him and invites him to go on an adventure. Bilbo refuses, but that evening he gets an unexpected visit from a group of dwarves led by the great Thorin Oakenshield. Gandalf is also there. The dwarves need Bilbo's help to rob Smaug, the giant dragon who once destroyed the dwarves kingdom of Erebor and is now living there, and no-one can get in.

The movie was only the first 6 chapters apparently, so I do not know what happens after this group of dwarves, a wizard, and a hobbit reach the end of their long and treacherous journey...

All in all it was a fantastic movie, and I am now on an endeavour to read all the books! Also, please correct me if I got anything wrong or missed any important details in the plot. Thank you ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment